From Bioinformatics Lab
Current Research Interests
- Biological data mining, integration, interpretation, hypothesis generation
- Genotype-phenotype mapping by various biological data and modeling algorithms
- Peggy I Wang, Sohyun Hwang (co-first), Rodney P Kincaid, Christopher S Sullivan, Insuk Lee, and Edward M Marcotte. RIDDLE: Reflective diffusion and local extension reveal functional associations for unannotated gene sets via proximity in a gene network. Genome Biology, 13:R125, 2012. pubmed
- Sohyun Hwang, Seung Y. Rhee, Edwawrd M. Marcotte, and Insuk Lee. "Systematic prediction of candidate gene function associated to phenotype traits using the probabilistic functional gene network of Arabidopsis thaliana", Nature Protocols, 6:1429-1442, 2011. pubmedpdf
- Insuk Lee, Young-Su Seo, Dusical Coltrane, Sohyun Hwang, Taeyun Oh, Edward M. Marcotte, Pamela C Ronald, "Genetic dissection of the biotic stress response using a genome-scale gene network for rice", PNAS 108(45):18548-53, 2011.
- Young-Su Seo, Mawsheng Chen, Laura E Bartley, Muho Han, Ki-Hong Jung, Inusk Lee, Harkamal Walia, Xia Xu, Peijian Cao, Wei Bai, Rajeshwari Ramanan, Fawn Amonpant, Loganathan Arul, Patrick E Canlas, Randy Ruan, Chang-Jin Park, Xuewei Chen, Sohyun Hwang, Jong-Seong, Jeon, Pamela C Ronald, “Towards Establishment of a Rice Stress Response Interactome” PLoS Genetics, 7(4):e1002020, 2011.
- Sohyun Hwang, Sangwoo Kim, Heesung Shim, Doheon Lee, “Context-dependent transcriptional regulations between signal transduction pathways”, BMC Bioinformatics, 12:19, 2011.
- Sohyun Hwang, Seung-Woo Son, Sang Cheol Kim, Young Joo Kim, Hawoong Jeong and Doheon Lee, “A protein interaction network associated with asthma”, J. of Theor. Biol., Vol 252, Issue 4, pp 722-731, 2008. (Yonhap news reported “Asthma candidate genes have been identified by bioinformatics” as a creditable achievement in June 2008.)
- Jin Ok Yang, Sohyun Hwang (Co-first), Jeongsu Oh, Jong Bhak and Tae-Kwon Sohn, “An integrated database-pipeline system for studying single nucleotide polymorphisms and disease”, BMC Bioinformatics, vol 9, Suppl 12: S19, 2008.
- Jung Kyoon Choi, Sohyun Hwang, Young-Joon Kim, “Stochastic and regulatory role of chromatin silencing in genomic response to environmental changes”, PLoS ONE, Vol 3, No. 8: e3002. 2008.
- Jungsun Park, Sohyun Hwang (Co-first), Yong Seok Lee, Sang-Cheol Kim and Doheon Lee, “SNP@Ethnos: a database of ethnically variant single-nucleotide polymorphisms”, Nucleic Acids Res. Vol. 35, Database issue D711-D715, 2006.
- Hyojin Kang, Taehui Hong, Won-Hyung Chung, Younguk Kim, Jinhee Jung, Sohyun Hwang, Areum Han and Young Joo Kim, “D2GSNP: a web server for the selection of single nucleotide polymorphisms within human disease genes”, Genomics & Informatics, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp 45-47, 2006.
- Seong-Bae Park, Sohyun Hwang, and Byoung-Tak Zhang, “Classification of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Risk Type via Text Mining”, Genomics & Informatics, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 80-86, 2003.
- Sohyun Hwang, Jaehong Suh and Cheol O. Joe, “Estrogen inhibits Bcl-2 expression and stimulate apoptosis mediated by 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin.” J. Toxicol. Pub. Health vol. 19 No. 4, pp 325-330, 2003.